Skip Navigation

Medical Records

I am a currently enrolled student, how do I request a copy of my medical record?

Currently enrolled students may request their medical records by utilizing the ‘Release of Medical Records’ request secure messaging system on Your Patient Portal. First, log into Your Patient Portal, next select ‘messages’, and then ‘new message’.  Next, select: ‘Release of your Personal Healthcare Records’ from the list, then press ‘continue’. Indicate on the Consent for Release Form what documents you would like released and to whom you are releasing the records to, and then press the send button to submit this request to the EUSHS medical records department.

Please note: if you need to obtain a copy of your Counseling Services record, contact Counseling and Psychologic Services directly at: 404-727-7450.

I am a former or graduated student, how do I request a copy of my medical record?

Graduated or former students will need to complete a Medical Records Release Form. After completing the form, then either mail, fax, or email/attach your request:

  • The mailing address is: Emory University Student Health Services, ATTN: Medical Records, 1525 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA  30322.
  • The Fax number is:  404-727-5349
  • To submit this request electronically, attach a completed PDF version of the release form to  Please note that we cannot release medical information electronically. 

Who is authorized to sign for the release of information to obtain a copy of the medical record?

The following individuals may sign the authorization for release of medical information:

  • The student/patient (but not the student's spouse)
  • Parent (only if the student/patient is under the age of 18)
  • An individual with authorized Power of Attorney if the student/patient is not able to sign (documentation must be provided)

Please note: a spouse or domestic partner many not request medical records without the student/patient's consent.

How much does it cost to obtain a copy of my medical record?

There is no charge for releasing medical records directly to currently enrolled students. Former students will pay a fee for medical record copies ($27) or immunization records only ($10).

When will I receive a copy of my medical record?

This depends on the amount of records requested, and the method of delivery. All record requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. It may take between one to five business days to process your request.

Who should I contact if I have questions?

If you have any questions, please call the Medical Records Department at 404-727-7304.

Revised: 5/2/2018