The following information is for new or returning students entering or continuing Fall Semester 2013:
THE 2013-2014 INSURANCE WAIVER SITE IS OPEN MAY 2, 2013 TO AUGUST 28, 2013
Follow the four-steps to complete the waiver process:
- Go to www.opus.emory.edu
- Enter using your Emory Network ID and Password
- Complete the Emergency Alert Notification Information page
- Select "Health Insurance Waiver" on the Student Center, under the Personal Information Heading
- Email notification will be stored in the Communication Center located in OPUS under the Student Center
In order for an insurance plan to meet the Emory University mandatory insurance waiver criteria, the insurance plan must feature, at a minimum, all three of the following:
- Coverage that allows the insured student to receive outpatient, emergency, specialist and inpatient care, diagnostic testing and procedures, and mental health inpatient and outpatient care, including alcohol and substance abuse treatment, in Atlanta, GA
- A deductible not greater than $2,500 per policy year. If the annual deductible exceeds $2,500, the insured student must have an approved Healthcare Savings Account (HSA) that will allow the student to seek needed medical and mental health care when recommended by a healthcare provider and will cover all deductible expenses over $2,500.
- The insurance must be provided by an insurance company domiciled in the United States (or must be provided by an international insurance company with a United States partner for handling of insurance claims in the United States).
For information about the Aetna health insurance plan offered for Emory students click here, or go to www.aetnastudenthealth.com (click on Find Your School and choose Emory University). There is also information about insurance, EUSHS fees and billing practices on our web site click here.
If your waiver has been denied and you would like to appeal, please complete this form by September 15, 2013.