Skip Navigation

Partnerships with Faculty and Staff

Emory faculty and staff are great allies in helping students access our services. If you are concerned about a student and not sure how to help, please contact us at 404-727-1736. If you are specifically concerned about a mental health issue, such as depression, anxiety, or suicide, please call the Counseling Center at 404-727-7450. Although our services are specifically for students, the Faculty Staff Assistance Program provides wellness services to faculty and staff. You can reach them at 404-727-4328 or find them on Facebook.

To support students, we recommend including the following in your syllabus to inform your students about the variety of services we offer:

“Emory cares about your health and wellness. Emory Student Health and Counseling Services (EUSHCS) offer a variety of preventive, outpatient primary care, and mental health services. They can assist you with concerns that might otherwise impair your academic performance, including sleep, stress, nutrition, illness, relationships, anxiety, depression, alcohol and other substance use, and many other matters. You can learn more by visiting their website at

Emory students are responsible for notifying professors or instructors of absences caused by illness or injury. EUSHCS providers do not write medical excuses for missed classes or examinations. Of course, EUSHCS healthcare providers can supply the necessary documentation for extended illnesses or injuries, including those necessitating withdrawal from classes.”

We also offer different presentation options for classes about topics ranging from stress management to lower-risk choices about alcohol and other drug use. We are happy to work with you to customize presentations for class. We are also able to cover classes for you if you know you will miss a class due to a conference or other personal engagement. To request a presentation for your class, please visit our program request page.

If you or your students are interested in Emory-specific data for research, we have data sets from the National College Health Assessment (NCHA) that students can use in research projects. We’d also like to partner with faculty and academic units to disseminate information from the NCHA to better address the health connection in our students’ academic performance. For more information about requesting the NCHA data set, click here.

Our department can also provide internship or practicum experience for students interested in learning more about public health, substance abuse, social justice, and more. To learn more about our internship opportunities, please click here.

Lastly, we are happy to work with faculty and staff to offer an information table, brown-bag lunch, staff meeting presentation, health event, trainings for staff, and more. Visit our program request page for more information.