If you or a friend are experiencing an emergency at any time of the day or a physical/mental health problem or concern after hours, there are many resources available to assist you:
FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES
DAY OR NIGHT:
Call 911 from an on-campus or off campus phone. Please note that Emory University Student Health Services is not an emergency facility.
Emory University Hospital Emergency Room is located on campus at 1364 Clifton Road, 404-712-7100.
OTHER AFTER HOURS AND WEEKEND EMERGENCIES:
Physical injury, dangerous alcohol or drug intoxication or other emergency medical concern:
If you are on-campus, call the Emory EMS at 404-727-6111 or 911 from an on-campus phone.
If you are off-campus, call 911.
For an after hours or weekend mental health emergency, call 404-727-6111 and our Emory Police dispatcher will assist you. If you are off-campus, call 911.
AFTER HOURS AND WEEKEND URGENT PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS:
Urgent medical questions or concerns after hours or weekends:
Contact the Emory University Student Health Services' on-call physician, call 404-727-7551 and press "0."
After hours Psychiatry:
To reach an Emory Healthcare psychiatrist-on-call during after hours or weekends, call 404-778-5000.
- Call 404-727-1514 to speak with the Respect Program, which serves any student affected by sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking. You can reach both Lauren (LB) Bernstein (Assistant Director for the Respect Program) and Drew Rizzo, Health Promotion Specialist for the Respect Program at this number.
- For immediate assistance after-hours and weekends, call the Day League (DeKalb Rape Crisis Center) at 404-377-1428. Please also contact Lauren Bernstein via voicemail at 404-727-1514, so she can follow-up with you on the next business day
- For more information, visit the Respect Program.
ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE AFTER HOURS AND WEEKENDS:
- For non-urgent mental health situations, you may contact the Emory HelpLine at 404-727-4357 (HELP). The HelpLine is an anonymous, peer counseling telephone service that is open from 8:30 PM-1:00 AM, 7 days per week. The Line is open during the regular academic year and closes for all major student holidays.
- If you live in University housing, contact your residence life staff person (SA, RA, RHD, House Director).
- If an event occurs off-campus, first get help by calling 911. For additional assistance from trained staff at Emory, also call 404-727-6111 and the Emory Police dispatcher will notify the Campus Life Professional on-call about your situation. He or she may be able to assist you with additional services such as temporary housing, medical attention, legal resources, academic support, etc.
DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS:
To seek advice for a non-emergent medical issue or concern, call the Student Health Services at 404-727-7551 and ask to speak to the nurse.
To seek advice for an emergent or non-emergent mental health issue or concern, call the Student Counseling Center at 404-727-7450.
For appointments for non-urgent care and follow-up care if needed:
Student Health Services:
Counseling and Psychological Services (Student Counseling Center):
- call the appointment line: 404-727-7450